The National Guard Association of Michigan Family First Scholarship was established in 2022 and is given annually to a spouse or dependent of a current member of the National Guard Association of Michigan (NGAM). The scholarship is provided through a partnership with Columbia Southern University (CSU) to show our support for the families that support our members.
The scholarship will cover up to $32,700 in one online degree program. The scholarship will be directly applied to the recipient’s tuition for up to 60 semester hours or 36 consecutive months in the selected online degree program, whichever comes first. In addition to this scholarship, NGAM-CSU Learning Partnership provides a 15% discount on tuition, as well as no cost application and evaluations of military training and previously earned college credit for all NGAM members, spouses, and dependents.
- Eligible candidates must have a high school transcript or equivalent (GED).
- Scholarship applicants must be available to begin their coursework within six months of the date of the award.
- Capable of maintaining a 2.0 undergraduate GPA or 3.0 graduate GPA.
- Students who have previous college experience must meet academic requirements for admission to the university.
- Remain in good standing with the university throughout his or her degree program.
- Current students must already meet these requirements for consideration.
- Applicant must have a spouse or parent that is a current member, in good standing, with the National Guard Association of Michigan.
The scholarship application will open on March 14, 2023. All applications/scholarship essays must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. on May 1, 2023. The selection process will end on May 7, 2023. Notification of selection will be made to the awardee within 7 business days upon completion of the selection process and presentation of the scholarship will be made at the NGAM annual conference 20 May 2023 at the Motor City Casino Hotel in Detroit, MI.
After we receive your application, we will send you a confirmation email about the scholarship program.