This course will assist in preparing the student for the International Board of Specialty Certification (IBSC) Certified Community Paramedic (CP-C) examination, which can lead to the CP-C designation. It is geared toward the paramedic who is proficient in the current national standards for paramedics and has a level of knowledge specific to patient-centered care, interdisciplinary collaboration, community needs, disease/injury prevention, and community and patient education.
These programs are not eligible for Federal Student Aid, military tuition assistance, VA funding or Learning Partner discounts.
All course materials are included in the course at no additional fee.
Nies, M. A., & McEwan, M. (2019). Community/public health nursing: Promoting the health of populations. Saunders
Additional Course Information
Students will review the presentations provided in each of the 4 units and complete an assessment on the unit content. Students will not be able to move to the next unit until they have successfully passed the previous unit assessment with an 80% or higher to ensure students are grasping concepts. We encourage students to reach out to the instructor if they are struggling with certain concepts.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Define determinants of health.
- Recognize the role of community paramedics in addressing community-based needs.
- Describe health promotion strategies
- Identify components commonly found in a patient’s plan of care.
- Discuss the importance for interprofessional disciplinary collaboration for proper patient care.
- Relate ethical and legal considerations of mobile integrated care.
- Recognize the factors that affect the monitoring and management of the chronic disease patient.
- Apply knowledge of the principles of mobile integrated health care.
A certificate of completion with the number of CEUs awarded will be issued upon successfully completing the course. Course must be paid for in full before student is eligible to receive certificate of completion.
Prerequisites to Take Certification Exam
We recommend reviewing the prerequisites required for Community Paramedic students interested in gaining this certification.