The Continuing Education Department at CSU is excited for our continued partnership with Distinctive HR to offer our students a Webinar Series that prepares for both PHR/SPHR and SHRM-CP/ SHRM-SCP Exams.
This series consists of 12 webinars. The posted days and times are for the LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Once you have registered for the webinar series, you will have continued access to that webinar recording; you don’t have to panic if you miss a session, you can view the recording at a later time.
In addition to the exceptional instruction and interaction, you will receive many tools to prepare for the exam, including:
- Study materials and slides
- Access to instructor and fellow attendees through online chat and discussion boards
- Complete library of audio CDs
- Online access to videos on tough topics
- Online access to hundreds of practice exam questions and testing games
- Flash cards
- Tips on how to take standardized tests
- Comprehensive final practice exam
This study course is led by David Siler or Ken Defeo. Distinctive HR students average an extremely impressive pass rate of more than 90% for the PHR and 85% for the SPHR. Additionally, we are the sole provider to offer The Seven Princes, which detail the seven main principles of HRM that appear on the tests. Ask around, the Seven Princes, written by David Siler, is your secret weapon that no one else can offer! Recently, students have used this webinar training to also take the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP exam and have been successful; this webinar course is preparing professionals for BOTH designations.
HR Exam Prep Webinar Series
12 sessions per series
- Sunday evenings 4:30-8:00p EST starts January 15 ends March 26, 2023 (no class Feb 12)
- Tuesday evenings 6:00-9:00p EST starts February 14 ends May 2, 2023
- *Accelerated* Tuesday & Thursday afternoons 12:00p-1:30p EST starts February 28 ends May18,2023
- *Accelerated* Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00-9:00p EST starts May 11 ends June 20,2023
- *Accelerated* Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00-9:00p EST starts Aug 17 ends Sept 26, 2023
- Sunday evenings 4:30-8:00p EST starts September 10 ends November 12, 2023
- *Accelerated* Tuesday & Thursday evenings 6:00-9:00p EST starts October 12 ends November 21, 2023
$1,199.00 *All registrations must be PAID IN FULL 14 days prior to your session’s start date!
David Siler is the founder and Managing Partner of Distinctive HR, Inc. He is the author and creator of the DHR learning system for HR certification. He has 40 years’ experience as a senior level HR practitioner and 30 years' experience guiding candidates through the HR certprep process. He currently holds all the major certifications from both HRCI and SHRM. David is considered a thought leader in the field of HR and is an award-winning lecturer on the subject. He was an HR executive with a Fortune 100 organization prior to dedicating his career to HR certification. He has a master’s degree in psychology.
Since 2012, Ken Defeo has been with Distinctive HR, Inc. as an instructor teaching exam preparation program. Holding both the SPHR and the SHRM-SCP, Ken has also been working in compensation and benefits for over 27 years. He is currently the Vice President for APAC Compensation with GXO Logistics, Inc. Examples of his functional areas of expertise include: Strategic Planning, Compensation and Benefits, Affirmative Action, Compliance, Employment Law, Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Employee Engagement, and Talent Management. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration and economics.
For more information contact:
- Internationally based students will receive instructions on how to download course materials. Course materials are only shipped within the continental US and will arrive close to the start date of the chosen session. Back to international-students