The information below represents the estimated cost of attendance for CSU students.
Federal regulations require the Office of Financial Aid to estimate the cost of attendance for students receiving Federal Student Aid. The direct cost associated with all of the estimates below include Tuition, Technology Fees, and the Graduation Fee (where applicable).
CSU provides course material for all courses at no cost. The course material may vary from course to course and may be in the form of electronic textbooks (eTextbooks), Integrated Learning Resources (ILR) or printed textbooks. Indirect costs are estimated for food and housing and personal/miscellaneous expenses, along with Student Loan Origination Fees. These estimates are conservative in nature and are not intended to meet the actual individual living expenses for all students.
CSU encourages students to carefully consider the amount of student loans borrowed in excess of direct costs. Unlike scholarships and grants, student loans must be repaid, with interest.
The estimates below are based on enrollment status and the student’s housing plan as reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). CSU is a completely online University and does not provide on campus housing.
2023-2024 Cost of Attendance
|Item||Living with Parent / Active-Duty Military||Off-Campus|
|Food & Housing2||$2,680||$8,932|
|Technology Fees3||$140 Half-Time
$280 Full Time
|Food & Housing2||$2,680 Active-Duty Military/$8,932|
|Total||$12,564 Active-Duty Military/$18,816|
|Food & Housing2||$2.680 Active-Duty Military/$8,932|
|Total4||$12,564 Active-Duty Military/$19,932|
|Loan Origination Fee4||$96|
|PLUS Loan Origination Fee5||$368|
- Spouses or dependents of active-duty military members receive a 10% tuition discount. CSU Learning Partners receive a 10% tuition discount. The tuition rate for associate, bachelor’s and master’s courses is $250 per credit hour for all active-duty military members using tuition assistance except for those who are using a Learning Partner discount. Back to Tuition
- Students (and spouses/dependents) receiving a military Base Allowance for Housing (BAH) are not eligible to receive funding for Housing when determining the amount of financial aid they are eligible to receive. Food & Housing
- Total cost of Technology Fees is determined by the number of credit hours the student enrolls into during the Term. Students that are Active Duty Military will have their Technology Fees waived. Back to Technology Fees
- The loan origination fee is based on an average. The actual fees will depend on the amount of loans borrowed. Back to Loan Origination Fee
- PLUS Loan Origination Fees will apply only to those students using Parent or Graduate PLUS Loans. Back to Loan Origination Fees
- The Graduation Fee is a one-time fee charged when a student submits a petition to graduate. Back to Graduation Fee